Monday, February 7, 2011

Master Bedroom RePaint

This weekend the hubs and I tackled painting our Master Bedroom. I often neglect doing anything in our bedroom since no one sees it. It tends to be the place I toss all the mess when company comes over and shut the door. I'm trying to change that little by little and I started with our ceiling fan update and now we finally repainted the dark brown paint in our bedroom.


Before the dark brown was on the walls and ceiling. It absorbed a lot of light and made our room feel dark.





I was also anxious to cover up some eyesores in the room. Like this space leftover from when we closed in the door to the kitchen during our Kitchen Remodel. I tried to cover the new gypsum board with leftover paint the previous owners left us, but it was so old it was discolored and gross.



And this beauty, our electrical panel a nice addition to any bedroom I'm sure...


We began by priming the walls and ceiling for paint. I didn't do this when we repainted our living and dining room and regretted it, the dark brown would show through and we ended up painting 3 coats! 



Painting any room in our house is a daunting task because of the crazy texture we have on our walls. On a scale of 1 - 10 our texture is an 8 at least. It's really hard to get into all those nooks and crannys.


But it's all worth it in the end when your bedroom is light and bright! We went neutral because I'm thinking about switching up our bedding and I wanted the room to feel as bright as possible. We used a satin finish for the paint to reflect light around the room.





And that electrical panel is barely noticeable anymore!




Anyone else tackle some projects over the cold weekend?






6 comments:

Mally said...

Painting always makes everything look great. And your room is no exception. It looks fresh and bright.

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

Hey! I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! Let me know if you accept it! :)
You can find out more here

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

Sarah, Three Boys said...

Looks great! Isn't amazing what a little paint can do??

laxsupermom said...

Your room looks so much brighter! Love the new color. I love what paint can do. Thanks for sharing.

Kate said...

A gallon of paint can make such a huge difference, great job!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

What a great transformation! It made the room look so much brighter! You all did such a good job!