Saturday, July 30, 2011

Grillin & Chillin

Back home! We had a great time visiting our friends and seeing the sights in Seattle and Tacoma this past week- I'll post some pictures soon.


Quick side note; and I'm sure most people know this but don't go and plant a bunch of delicate vegetable plants and then jet off for a vacation for a week. Your plants will get depressed.



Even though I moved them to a shady spot in the yard that was in reach of the sprinkler they still seemed to hold a grudge against me leaving.




I'm hoping they'll forgive me and perk up with some water.


Anyway, when we got home I had few groceries and didn't have a lot of time to go shopping. I turned to my trusty grill and some frozen shrimp we had gotten when we last went to Grande Isle, LA. All I needed was some corn and zucchini to make this easy and yummy recipe come together and I thought I'd share it with you.


It's a recipe for Lemon Pepper Shrimp I found in my Prevention Magazine. 


After defrosting and shelling the shrimp I started by marinating the shrimp in the fridge for about 20- 30 minutes.



While that was going on I started up the grill and brushed some olive oil on my corn and zucchini began cooking them for the side dish. This only took about 10-12 minutes to cook.


While waiting for the vegetables to cook I prepped the shrimp for the grill.



Then just 2 minutes per side and they're done!


After I grilled the shrimp I put them in a white wine butter mixture,


Then all finished! I really liked this recipe, it was easy, quick, and yummy!


So easy in fact that I had time to fix up some dessert that also went with the recipe- a raspberry dessert also quick and easy.


It's just a mixture of sugar, cornstarch and raspberries, and crumbled Nilla Wafers. Then, because I have a problem where I make semi- healthy things completely unhealthy I poured the mixture over ice cream.


Mmmm! Totally worth it.

If you want to try any of these recipes yourself check them out here:



Blackberry Dessert (the recipe calls for blackberries but my grocery only had raspberries which worked equally as well)

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh my goodness this all looks so delicious!! We really like shrimp so I am going to have to try this and what a great way to end a meal with that gorgeous raspberry sauce and ice cream!!

Anonymous said...

I'm loving this recipe!!! Ths looks delish!!! Please come share this recipe at my Recipe Swap at http://homeandpantry.blogspot.com/2011/08/healthy-salmon-cakes-with-greek-salad.html