Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Small Steps toward a Big Change & A Winner!!

Tell me if this has ever happened to you; you want to add or change one element in a room and you end up feeling like you have to change and update everything in the whole room? 

That's kind of the predicament I'm in now. 

A week or so ago I was super excited to find out I had won a roll of wall paper from 2Modern. Score!



Last Friday my wallpaper arrived!



I've spent some time researching ideas of what to do with it. I can't do anything permanent since we're renting but there's lots of other things you can do with wallpaper besides glue it on the wall.

Use it to update the look of your furniture:




Update the look of cabinets:




Create a unique unexpected nook:



Get functional and use wallpaper to cover a cork board for a one of a kind look:



And my personal favorite faming wallpaper as artwork:




I'm really leaning towards the idea of framing a large section of my wallpaper behind our bed in the master bedroom since our bedroom could use some pizazz.


Which leads me back to my original issue. If I add this one large focal point to our room I feel like I need to change almost everything else.

The wallpaper is really modern, our bed leans more to traditional styling. I'd love to update our bedding- we've had it forever! I'd love to have a king size bed anyway.

I've touched switching up our bedroom some before. I even threw together a Pinterest Board of some dream items. So could this be the time for a big change? Hmmm... seriously considering it. There are two main things that have been holding me back though.

1. $$ Money $$

2. Time- We're hoping to PCS on out of Altus in the next year. We'll find out whether this is an option or not in October. Crossing our fingers and saying our prayers!!!

And don't worry I didn't forget about the winner of the Coupon Cabin Gift Card Giveaway. Thank you to everyone who entered. The lucky winner is-

Drawing
#11,541

PRIVATE
Home Depot Giveaway
10th drawing held by Rachelle Falcon
21 entrants, 1 winner
Winners (1)
 1st: 4


That would be Tam who said:



Tam said... 4
We are in need of some new bathroom towels so I plan on using that Macy's coupon!

Congratulations Tam!!! I've sent you an email. Enjoy your Home Depot Gift Card!!

Thanks again everyone and have a great day!