Friday, February 8, 2013

Mardi Gras Mantle Revisited

Happy Friday Friends!! As you are reading this the Fam and I are on our way to New Orleans for Mardi Gras weekend!! Yay!! We are super excited to be joining not only my whole family but some near and dear friends down in the French Quarter this year.

While I'm down in the Crescent City eating beignets and having a wonderful Mardi Gras time, I thought we could revisit my Mardi Gras mantle from last year. Enjoy!!


I did some decorating around the house with beads and Mardi Gras items I've caught in past New Orleans parades to get into the Mardi Gras Spirit.






People often ask me if I "showed" anything for my large beads. The answer is NO! Absolutely not. I may have knocked over some elderly people and small children trying to catch them though. Just kidding (kind of...)



And we had an extra special surprise in the mail when we came home to find a King Cake on our door step!!!


My super awesome MIL send it to us all the way from Louisiana! Now our weekend was complete.

Now if I could only find a place that sold some of this out here in Middle of Nowhere Oklahoma:


My Lenten Season could really begin!

Do you celebrate Mardi Gras? Any Oklahoma readers know where to find boiled crawfish?? Seriously I need some-

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Super cute mantel! Have fun in New Orleans...so Jealous! Hope you share your adventure with us!