Sunday, September 22, 2013

Twin-Tastic Nursery Design

OMG everyone I cannot tell you enough how excited I am over the weather we have been having here in OK. As I just typed that I thought it was kind of sad that I am starting a post talking about weather. But, in my defense, we endure 3-4 months of 100+ degree summers The past few days have been around 70-80 degrees and I have just been reveling in it! Running, picnicking, enjoying our backyard, ect.

Anyway, to the task at hand. A good friend of mine as I mentioned a week or so ago is having boy/girl twins. Now if twins weren't exciting enough my friend already has 2 boys. And as a mother of 2 boys also I can tell you that the prospect of having a girl is big news!! So she is over the moon with the twin news and that one of them is a girl is the icing on the cake. 



We are reusing a lot of their existing furniture and just giving it a facelift with paint. They are also in the military and they live on base so the nursery will also be used as a guest room; hence the bed in the design board.

The theme I guess you could say is World Travel or International. We are using a lot of my friends Batik and sari fabrics for the crib bedding, pillows, and curtains. 


Option one involves a warm palette with the crib and dresser painted a warm brown color. And the guest bed will get new duvet in a cream. The world map poster is one my friend owns. We are thinking of creating a gallery on one wall with the babies initials being the focal point. The purple sari above the bed represents curtains that we will make out of her sari fabric. And we will use some of her gold lanterns she has collected over the years and cluster them above the crib as a mobil. 

The crib bedding will come from this batik fabric-


This is also where we pulled the accent colors from.

Option 2 is basically the same but with white painted furniture and white bedding instead of cream:


This design was fun- bringing together all the pieces of my friends collection. I can't wait to see which one she goes with and to get started on bringing it all together!


0 comments: